Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dear Buharist !!!



 Dear Buharist,

Oh sorry o! I never knew you’ve become a self-appointed, squint-eyed Facebook monitor, looking for inappropriate posts that are not in favour of your idealized “sai baba” !

I never knew I must consult you first, bow and scrape and, seek your permission about what to post on my wall, so that I won’t ruffle your vainglorious feathers and offend your earthy, touchy pride!!

I never knew that telling your “sai baba” to sit up (and stop giving excuses) – before the already comatose economy finally goes into a tailspin; before a dollar exchange for 300 Naira; before we begin to have the Zimbabwe experience – is an heightened derogatory remark punishable under decree 4 of 1984!!!

Phew! Decree 4 !!!! I never knew decree 4 of 1984 has been exhumed and now in effect. Where was I ?? Pardon my manners. Pardon my ‘unrestrained disobedience’, Buharist. E fori jimi o !!! Please, don’t tell Baba Buhari Ooo !!! Please don’t tell him that, there are still some of us who desire to live outside the tight radius of bondage dictated by some of you who have appointed yourselves our judge and Jury. Please, don’t tell him that, there are still few of us who detest living like frightened deer in a restrictive thicket of negative regulations.

Finally, please don’t tell baba that, there are few of us who won’t submit to the do’s and don’ts of a maximum ruler nor pander to his insular opinions nor nod agreement to some vacuous “articulation” on the state of the economy.

Please sir…. I promise to give out 3 litres of PMS in return for this favour, Sir!!!!!

Adedayo

No comments:

Post a Comment