Thursday, August 22, 2013

CONTINUE TO REST IN PEACE, MY DAD..

If only I could arrest the march of Time, I'd like to dance with you again.... yea, dance to your favorite Orlando Owoh music.

If only I could keep Time on a tight leash,
I'd like to hear you put in a thousand proverbs to clinch a point,
And preface your lengthy talk with interesting and digestible mental meal of word pictures, stories and anecdotes.

You made your mistake...but you made your mark too! 

You knew the best way to cope with a setback and escape the funk of dejection. You combined uncommon tenacity with an unwavering belief...you understood that the road to success is constantly under construction.

You didn't put much credence in common hearsay and you didn't take everything you heard as a gospel. However, I thank GOD that you heed the GOSPEL and reconciled with your maker, months, before you breathed your last.I folded my arms, I crossed my fingers; I padded my anxious cheekbones with palms, awaiting another call that would say "IT'S A LIE...NA JOKE!". But none came! I'm only comforted and take solace in the fact that you are now resting in the bosom of your LORD and your Maker. Goodnight Baba Dayo till we meet again... sing and dance together with the Angels, to celestial TUNES that would never, never end.

REST IN PEACE, A.O FATOKI.
(My Dad exited the world on 11th of January, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment